Labels

Sunday 1 April 2012

Final DPS indesign practice!


(Title page 'Arkitekt')


(Architecture review DPS 1)

(Architecture news DPS 2)

After some consideration of the design of my layouts, I used Indesign to inject some more exciting visual elements into them. Instead of using my sketches, I decided to enhance my work by adding the photographs I took but with a high level of contrast. I have also tried to use a colour scheme which appears consistent throughout all of the pages, indicating they are part of a set. My use of photographs has improved my DPS layouts, as they look more formal and appropriate for a magazine. 

After my discussion session, I was advised to reconsider my choices of typeface. This is because it needs to be aimed at the target audience more effectively, and the current choice seems lacklustre.
Jeff advised that I be more experimental in terms of composition and colour, two elements that I will take into account when designing my next series of new and improved DPS layouts!   

No comments:

Post a Comment