Friday, 20 April 2012
This is a print screen of my interface that I have designed to accompany my animation. When the viewer hovers over the door, it swings open and reveals a 'Main animation' play option. I have tried to make the entire concept relevant to the nature of my animation, by including elements like the black and white town scenery.
It was designed within photoshop first, then imported into flash to be edited as an interface which includes interactive buttons. All I need to do is link all my files and im done! :)
Tuesday, 10 April 2012
(I shot my animation inside my fold-out photography tent, using powerful lights and a webcam attached to a tripod)
(I was able to monitor every shot onscreen, which proved very helpful as I could identify mistakes instantly and make the necessary corrections)
(The animation tent from a birdseye view - My two 'city' scenes!)
(The main shooting)
The entire filming process was made fairly easy with my HD webcam. It took 5 hours to capture almost 740 shots, this may seem like alot but I wanted only very subtle movements to ensure that the film would run smoothly. I used lighting adjustments on the webcam to control the nature of the atmosphere and visual appearance of the scenes. I swapped the day scene with the night scene around halfway through the animation, purely for a more interesting contrast...I really like the creepy shadowy effect! :)
Sunday, 1 April 2012
(Title page 'Arkitekt')
(Architecture review DPS 1)
(Architecture news DPS 2)
After some consideration of the design of my layouts, I used Indesign to inject some more exciting visual elements into them. Instead of using my sketches, I decided to enhance my work by adding the photographs I took but with a high level of contrast. I have also tried to use a colour scheme which appears consistent throughout all of the pages, indicating they are part of a set. My use of photographs has improved my DPS layouts, as they look more formal and appropriate for a magazine.
After my discussion session, I was advised to reconsider my choices of typeface. This is because it needs to be aimed at the target audience more effectively, and the current choice seems lacklustre.
Jeff advised that I be more experimental in terms of composition and colour, two elements that I will take into account when designing my next series of new and improved DPS layouts!
('Daytime phase' storyboard)
After spending many of my Dynamic imagery sessions learning how to create animation in flash, here are my final storyboards for my sequence. They explain in detail the key stages of my animation, and how they unfold gradually. Although these took many hours to complete, I am satisfied with the end result.
My next intention is to shoot the scenes as they appear in my storyboard, using my mini photography studio which comes complete with a tripod (which will prove to be very handy for filming my animation as accurately as possible!)